Showing posts with label schools results. Show all posts
Showing posts with label schools results. Show all posts

ZIMSEC November 2020 Results 2021 Release

Update #3: Zimbabwe Schools Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) on Monday 3rd May 2021 announced that the November 2020 Ordinary Level Results are out. Candidates who sat for the 2020 O Level examinations can collect their results from their respective schools and or the centres starting  3 May 2021.

Candidates can also get their results online from the Zimsec Results Portal.

Update #2: 22/04/3021: According to report by The Herald, the November 2020 Zimbabwe School Examinations Council (ZIMSEC) Advanced Level (A-Level) results will be out on Friday 23rd April 2020.

ZIMSEC Chairman Professor Mwenje is expected to issue a statement on the results.

Update #1 12/04/2021: Zimbabwe A-level and O-level students who sat for the November 2020 ZIMSEC (Zimbabwe School Examinations Council) examinations will get their results at the end of April or early May 2021. This update was made by the examination council early this month.

Updates: ZIMSEC O-Level and A-Level 2021

  • ZIMSEC A-Level results: April or early May 2021
  • Ordinary O-Level results: Mid May 2021
  • 2021 O-Level and A-Level  June Examinations suspended due to Covid-19 and school closures
  • Students to sit for November 2021 Examinations
zimsec o level results 2021

The examination council said 'preparations for the release of the results of the examination were at an advanced stage.' In an interview with the Herald, the Public Relations officer of the examination council said

“We [ZIMSEC] are expecting A-Level results end of this month or the first days of May, then Ordinary level results will follow later, we do not have the exact dates, but we are assuming everything will be in order by end of this month,” said Ms Dlamini. (15 April 2021)

ZIMSEC November results 2020

The examination council in the statement above gave the expected time of releApril or early May 2021ase of the results for November 2020 examinations. However, the exact dates for A-level and O-level results are yet to be made known to the public. 

We understand that ZIMSEC will communicate this to the public as soon as the release dates for 2021 are finalised.

ZIMSEC November 2021 examinations info

The June examinations are suspended. The students who had wanted to sit for June examinations will now join the large majority who are being prepared to sit in November 2021. That means that the students will have to get updates from their schools and ZIMSEC for any news before the end-of-the-year examinations.

Why is June 2021 Examination Suspended

ZIMSEC hinted that the suspension of the June Exams was due to Covid-19 and the closure of schools in the country in 2020. As a result, schools and students may not have covered the syllabus contents (topics). 

Here is the report from Zimbabwe Herald...

The decision to suspend the ZIMSEC June examinations arose from the delays in sitting for the public examinations at the end of last year [2020] and the alterations of the standard calendar for education this year caused by schools having to be closed for the first two and half months of this year to combat the second wave of Covid-19. (15 April 2021)

ZIMSEC A-level and O-Level results 2021

In the meantime, the one platform to get the latest updates in A & O - levels results is Zimbabwe School Examinations Council website ( But, ZIMSEC website and  Facebook page had not been updated regularly. 

In fact, the best place to get the latest news and updates is the Zimbabwe Herald and other mainstream news outlets. Or bookmark this page and check back for the latest news on examinations and results dates 2021.

About this blog.

We are an education blog. Our primary audience is Papua New Guinea, PNG. Lately, we saw a lot of visitors from Zimbabwe (and you are probably one of them). We created this article to point our visitors from Zimbabwe in the right direction. 

If you find this article useful, please share or join us on YouTube.

How to Get Grade 10 and 12 Lost Certificates Results - Application Form and Fee Info

Replacing a lost certificate results, or getting a Statement of Results, is an important thing to do  for those who do not have the origional Grade 10 or 12 certificates with them. 

If you do not have a certificate, due to one reason or another, replacing it comes with lots of benefits. Some benefits include meeting the requirement of job searching, applying for scholarships and many more.

How to Get Grade 10 and 12 Statement of Results from MSD/DoE

Getting the lost certificate results comes at a cost, both money and time. That means that you will have to do the following:
  • complete the application form
  • sign the state declaration.
  • pay the fee (K25) at Vulupindu Haus.
  • take/send the completed 'Statement of Result (SoR) Form and Original Receipt to Measurement Services Division to get your lost results replaced.
It can take up to a month (even longer) to process the statement of results. 

The best time to apply for the lost certificate results would be February - July. You may be able to get the results faster during those times.

6 Instructions for the filling Application of Statement of Results

If your certificate is lost or stolen, you must report it to the police.

This is how you should complete this application.

1. Complete part 1 yourself. Attach your passport size photo to the application using some glue.

2. An official who has known you well must complete part 2. This official must be a senior education officer or church minister or a senior Government officer. This officer must also sign and stamp across the bottom half of your photograph.

3. Complete the statutory declaration and sign it in the presence of the Commissioner of Oaths. The Commissioner must also sign and stamp the declaration. There should be no correction on the declaration.

4. Take the completed application and statutory declaration to a Government Pay Office and pay a fee of K25.00 and obtain a receipt. 
You must tell the paying officer to write MSU trust account Code 361-08 (639) on the receipt. 
This will be effective from May 5, 2003. Those who live in NCD and central province should pay the fees at the government pay office in Vulupindi Haus or the Accounts Section of the Department of Education on the 4th floor of FinCorp Haus. Those who live in other provinces should pay the fees at the Provincial government pay office (BMS).

5. Staple the original receipt to the completed application form and the statutory declaration.

6. Send original receipt together with the completed application form and statutory declaration to the following address by hand or mail.

The Measurement Services Unit
Department of Education
P.O. Box 446
National Capital District


Some other points to note after applying for Grade 10/12 SoR

  • Always keep a copy of the application form.
  • If you are living in Port Moresby follow up at the MSD office. 
  • If you are living outside of Port Moresby, make a phone call or ask a friend/family to follow up on your behalf.
  • Make sure all the information on the application form is correct and true. If there is any hint of falsehood, your application will be ignored forthright.
Leave a comment at the bottom with your email address if you need further help.